How to hide posts from unwanted people
Block unwanted users
What for: To keep unwanted people out of your virtual space.
To stop a specific user from viewing your tweets and replying to them or sending you direct messages, you can block the user. Blocked users cannot view your profile or contact you.
To block a user:
- Go to the profile of the follower you wish to block.
- Click the three-dot icon to the left of Follow.
- Select Block @username.
- Select Block in the opened dialog box.
The user will not be notified about getting blocked. However, if they visit your profile, they will see that you blacklisted them. In that case, the blocked user can file a complaint against you and view all tweets in which you mentioned them.
You can unblock a blocked user any time (for example, if you blocked the user by mistake):
- Click More in the menu on the left to view advanced settings.
- Open Settings and privacy.
- Go to the Privacy and safety section.
- Scroll down and select Blocked accounts.
- Click Blocked to the right of the account that you wish to unblock.
Keep in mind that if one of your followers shares the link to the photo attached to your private tweet, the image will be visible to all recipients.